Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day

This year was Olivia's second christmas, but really the first one she's able to participate in. Last christmas she was only 2 months old.

Christmas morning was great. I must say that I got into the spirit very late. Like seriously, I didn't even decorate the tree until the night before. On Christmas Eve, Rakiem, Olivia and I made whole wheat sugar cookies. I know, why the whole wheat, right ? Well because I don't normally use white flour, so it's all we had, but they were great! After we ate the cookies and watched a few movies, Rakiem and Olivia went off to bed. That's when I started to get into the christmas spirit. I wrapped the gifts, decorated the tree, cleaned up Olivia's toys, hung our stockings,  placed the remainder of the cookies on the table for santa, turned on Rakiem's Christmas music playlist, lit the tree and went off to bed.

On Christmas morning, Rakiem woke up first and then woke up Olivia and I. We had a big family hug and wished each other a Merry Christmas. We made our way over to the living room where Olivia just walked over to the tree and begin pulling the ornaments off.

And then she began to open her gifts, we didn't even have to help her or tell her what to do. It  was so funny.

She even cheered as she opened her gift.
After playing with her toys and wrapping paper, she sat and ate some of the ginger bread house that we made. earlier in the week.


 Here are pics of Olivia's ornaments. She loves them so much that she wont even let them hang on the tree.


 Overall, we had a great Christmas, one of the best that I've ever had before. I made a great breakfast  after opening gifts and then we laid around watching old movies before heading out to dinner with family.

So that was our Christmas in a nutshell, hope you had a great one as well.
Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. She is such a cutie! Glad your Christmas went well. Loooove that black and white wrapping paper!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...