Monday, November 8, 2010

Teething Treats for your Toddler

Olivia currently has 8 teeth. 5 of them are completely out, and the others are still making their way through. I always just assumed that teething ends after the first 2-4 teeth were out, don't know why I thought that at all. I guess the teething stage isn't over until all teeth are completely in, and that can take almost 2 years.

So from time to time, we have these cranky spells that she experiences, and the methods that I used when she was about 6 months old, doesn't really hold her attention anymore. We did frozen rags dipped in water or fruit juice, baby orajel, Humphrey's Pellets, and one method that I still use today, the apple juice ice cubes crushed and stuffed into mesh feeders.

I notice that anything cold and flavorful will do the trick. The coolness is soothing and the flavors are so yummy that the pain becomes tolerable. So last week as we made our way through BuyBuy Baby (remember, we were stroller shopping) I browsed the baby feeding section and came across Kidco Healthy Snack Frozen Treat Trays and couldn't resist! 




Here are the FroYo treats that I made for Olivia: 




 The Recipe is VERY simple. I altered a sample recipe that was included in the box

  • 4oz Strawberry Yogurt
  • 1/2 cup mixed Frozen Berries
  • 3oz 100% Berry Juice (unsweetened)


Blend, Pour, then Freeze!


After handing her the ice pop, it dawned on me that she wouldn't know how to hold to hold the pop. But she eventually figured it out.

 Other fun and tasty ideas:

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...