Sunday, October 3, 2010

Oatmeal Porridge Blend

Olivia is approaching the big ONE, and since she hasn't been explorative eater, I have to find other ways to fill her up on nutritious foods and healthy calories in a bottle.

I've been wanting to ween her off of infant formula because, not only is this stuff expensive, but I would like for her to star receiving her nutrition from fruits, veggies, and whole grains. As you know, I LOVE to cook, and I am anxiously waiting to prepare her meals!

As for now,  I try to get a daily dose of Oatmeal into her diet. I start by using Old Fashion Quaker Oats, and cook them according to the directions on the container using water. Actually, I usually cook them a bit longer than suggested so that the oats are completely dissolved, and the liquid becomes a bit slimy.

I love Old Fashioned Quaker Oats, its the best!
 

Then i pour the over-cooked oatmeal into the blender along with 8oz of Whole Milk, and 8oz of Similac Ready-To-Serve Infant Formula. I do not sweeten this mixture at all, no added sugar, no cinnamon, no nutmeg. I find that the similac has its own flavor that Olivia enjoys.


After its blended out, I pour the mixture into several bottles, it usually make 4 8oz bottles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...