Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm learning how to Knit!


Okay, so here it is. My first time ever attempting to knit something and I think I impressed myself with it
I know it's not the greatest, but it's progress, and I'll keep going at it until it gets better!

I walked into Michael's some time last week, just to window shop, and it just so happened that the entire yarn section as on sale. So of course I had to get some. I've always wanted to take up knitting during my pregnancy, hoping that by the time i give birth, I'll have a blanket to wrap my baby in, but that never really happened. But the idea always stuck in my head. So here goes!

I don't think Olivia really needs another blanket, but she can use a pretty colorful scarf for the winter, so that's what my first project will be.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. I hope I'm able to make a sweater or something wearable other than a scarf in the future, but we'll see! At my rate, this scarf will be ready by summer 2011!!

here is the kit that I used to teach myself:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...