Monday, October 11, 2010

A Breakfast Favorite!

I started making this breakfast meal about 3 years when I joined the Discovery Health National Body Challenge, by the way, the challenge is GREAT and I lost about 26lbs in 3 months and was loving my new body.

The body challenge would schedule your daily meals and tell you exactly what you need to make it, and it was perfect! I think I  may do it again in February after giving birth.

But one of the recipes that i took away with me and still make till this day is the Overnight Muesli. I love it, and my husband loves it too. I haven't tried it with Olivia just yet. It may have too much texture for her, plus she only has 4 teeth, but I'll try a softer version for her when I think she's ready.



Here's what you need:

1/2 cup oatmeal
6 oz vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup skim milk
1 medium apple, grated
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1 TBS dried cranberries / raisins
1 tsp ground flax seed






Instructions

  1. Place oatmeal in a medium bowl.
  2. Mix yogurt with oatmeal.
  3. Add skim milk to oatmeal mixture.
  4. Grate apple and add to oatmeal mixture.
  5. Slice strawberries and add to oatmeal mixture.
  6. Add raisins to oatmeal mixture.
  7. Add flax to oatmeal mixture and refrigerate overnight.


I just ate a bowl full, it was delish! I think this recipe serves two but I ate it all. Hey, but I'm eating for two, right ?



1 comment:

  1. Mmmm! Looks yummy!

    I am following you now from bloggy moms. I would love for you to come and see me and follow me too!

    www.becauseidontscrapbook.blogspot.com
    www.thegossamerjewelbox.blogspot.com

    THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...