Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Speaking of Hair . . . I Won!

I'm currently on a path to educate myself about natural hair care for Olivia and I. Of course this path must start somewhere, I have over 15 years of experience with hair care.  I basically grew up in a hair salon and barbershop owned by my parents, so  I don't have formal education/training, but I've have tons of hands on experience from managing to hair care, styling, etc, and I've learned from licensed professionals.

I say all this to say . . . although I have all this experience, 90% of the time,  we dealt with relaxed hair and the products that catered to it.  About 10% of the time, we dealt with natural hair and still applied relaxed hair regimens to it. So I must seek out my own education with this topic. First I'll deal with my hair, by growing out my relaxer. Second I will be reading a few highly recommended books of the natural hair care community, and third, I'll be utilizing YouTube for its never ending resources.

One of my favorite YouTuber's that I enjoy watching and receiving education from is KimmyTube. She's been natural for the past 12 years and experienced trial and error over and over until she finally got it right! Last week she hosted a contest on her channel and I entered. This morning I woke up bright and early to see the contest results and guess what, I WON!!


my youtube name is dana1900. Find the above video here.
 What did I win you ask ? I won a choice of two of the greatest hair books ever: Ultra Black Hair Growth II 2000 Edition or Grow It: How To Grow Afro-Textured Hair To Maximum Lengths In The Shortest Time.

Kim aka KimmayTube also has her own online store called LUVNaturals, its loaded with  hair accessories, hair products and hair education., check her out, I know I'll be supporting her business pretty soon!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...