Friday, August 14, 2009

My 28th Birthday!

Having a bun in the oven is the best gift in the world, so there isn't anything that could have really topped that, but Rakiem came pretty damn close for my birthday celebration. I'm a simple girl that loves simple things, and I truly live by "it's the thought that counts". I'd rather spend quality with him, then for him to spend a single dollar on me.

Rarely does he ever listen to me when I say "Don't buy me anything for my birthday, I'm okay with that", I guess in fear of me flipping on him, if he were to ever listen to my suggestions.
Since both of our moms were in town on my birthday, Rakiem booked a lovely dinner for 6 at the Gyu Kaku Japanese Restaurant in NYC. The four of us drove into the city and met up with 2 close friends of ours, Sandy & Cam.


We had, what seemed like, a never ending meal, more than enough food to pleasure our palettes, but in small proportions. They serve you meats & foil wrapped veggies to grill or steam right there at your table.

We did the Prix Fixe Menu Dinner:
SALMON SCALLOP TARTAR
AHI POKEGYU-KAKU SALAD
SHRIMP GYOZA SOUP
U.S. KOBE KALBI TARE
HARAMI SKIRT STEAK MISO
CHICKEN WING YUZU
LAMB CHOPS BASIL
U.S. KOBE HARAMI PONZU
U.S. KOBE FILET MIGNON STEAK
LOBSTER BUTTER GARLIC SAUCE
CHILEAN SEA BASS
MUSHROOM MEDLEY AND ASPARAGUS
ORIGINAL CHICKEN BIBIMBAP
2 S’MORES, DORAYAKI ICE CREAM & DESSERT OF THE DAY


At dinner, Rakiem gave me a box, inside was a card & folded paper telling me that he booked reservations for me at the Edamame Maternity Spa.

Mrs.Jones handed me a gift bag with Mama Mio products that i love & use on my boobs & belly to keep the stretch marks away, which was perfect because I had just ran out.
On to the pictures.....





4 comments:

  1. VERY NICE...Birthdays are MAJOR...and demand attention be paid to their significance. Im glad you had a WONDERFUL time. Its true that being in the presence of the ONE or ONES you LOVE is the BEST gift of the WORLD. Glad you had an AWESOME Birthday...you deserved the attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! That was awesome!!!! We all know how you love food, I'm sure you and the baby were very satisfied with all the delicious food. I'm glad you had a great time!!!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, how was your B'day at work?? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...