Monday, August 3, 2009

Belly Casting Time!

Last night, Rakiem and I decided to break open that pregnancy belly casting kit that we bought a few months back. I thought the 7 month mark would be a good size. We wanna do one or two more, it was fun for the both of us. I honestly thought that I'd be cranky and tired, but it was team work! We had so much fun doing it. It takes about 1 week for the cast to completely dry, and when that time comes, we'll sit together and paint it. I think I'd like some swarovski crystals around it too.

Here's the set up, the contents of the box. Everything you need is inside the box, well except for the vaseline you need to rub on your belly so the cast doesnt stick.
Photobucket
You need to make you seat real comfy cause your gonna sit for about 30 - 45 minutes while the strips are applied. And protect your furniture & floors with the plastic drop sheets. Its VERY necessary! The next time we do that cast, I'll stand so that we get a more accurate shape.
Photobucket
I chose to do the cast with my bra on. I just feel like the mold itself was so revealing, no need for breast danglation and nipplage! Do what ever you're comfortable with.That's what I did!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
And here it is, the end result. Pulling that cast off my skin was the hard part. It stuck to every little hair on my belly..LOL
Photobucket
But the end of the week, we'll sand it down to get a nice smooth surface and paint it to make it pretty. I also plan to bring it along to the baby shower so that all of our family and friends can write kind loving words on the inside.
Eventually, this piece will be added to the nursery as decor/art work with a sentimental value.

2 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful guys. You look really good Dana. I can't wait to see the munchkin. xoxoxoxoxo:)

    Congratulations Guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is toooooo cute! I loved the pictures "the play-by-play" especially the kiss over the BABY. Tooooo tooo cute!! I cannot wait to see the design. Truly a work of art to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...