Monday, July 27, 2009

Homemade Babyfood

150 glass jars and nothing to do with them. This was a thought I had about a year ago, months after our wedding. Rakiem and I had several projects lined up for our wedding, and although many of them made it to completion, a few of left me with tons of boxes tucked in every little storage closet we have. After many months of debating on what to give our guest as favors, we had came up with the idea of creating a homemade jerk sauce, bottled in little 4oz jars, customs labels, and a signature pink ribbon around the neck.

The end result ? Three nights before the wedding day, we had about 17 bottles completed, spent over $200 on ingredients, ran out of whole spice & brown sugar and decided to call it quits and work on plan B.

So now what do I do with cabinets full of 150 little 4oz jars? Oooh, I know...we make BABY FOOD!!! Although we are no where near ready for this stage of our child's life, I've been having some fun just anticipating this proposition.

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I LOVE food, I LOVE to cook, and I LOVE to eat! So this is right up my alley. Furthermore, if you know how to make boiled eggs, or a banana smoothie, then you already know how to make baby food.

Most baby foods consist of boiled, baked or steamed fruits or veggies. After they're cooked, they're blended, and thinned out with breast milk, water, or broth. You can freeze the remainder of the food in ice cube trays & freezer bags.Voila, as easy as that! I'll revisit this topic when i begin to experiment in my kitchen. Hmmm..I can think of all recipes I'll come up with:
curry chicken, potatoes and white rice
grilled chicken breast with sweet potatoes
mashed potatoes & gravy

Mmmm...I'm getting hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...