Wednesday, March 11, 2009

1st Doctor's Appointment

So two weeks after taking the First Response pregnancy test, we finally make it to the doctor's office for real confirmation, and to see how far along are we. Not that I had any doubts at all. . I definitely had the morning sickness, the bloating, the cravings for lemon slices, and several trips to the bathroom. I guesstimated my pregnancy to be about 5-6 weeks. After doing the urine test, blood test, and vaginal sonogram, we find that we are 8 weeks and 4 days into our pregnancy and a due date of October 16, 2009.

I just can't believe that I am already 2 months pregnant, and had no clue at least anytime before 3 weeks ago. So I think I am doing pretty well. I started taking my folic acid 2 weeks ago when i got the positive results from the home test. And your probably wondering how did I have folic acid pills if I weren't exactly planning just yet.. . .long story. . .but through conversation with my Doctor, she suggested that I start taking them before I get pregnant, just to help prepare my body with good vitamins and nutrients.

So, as per courtesy of babycenter.com, here is what everything should look like at 8 weeks:

And here is what it really looks like via ultrasound sonogram.


The only thing I cant really make out is the yolk sac that was pointed out to me, and I am assuming that the image is right side up. . hmm. Well we did see the tiny heart beat thumping away and we were able to make out the little buds for arms and legs as we watched on the screen. We were so excited, we didn't ask many questions, we just watch with our mouths dropped open, the 2 minute preview of our little one. . see you soon baby Jones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...